Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hiking with Holly


My family all lives about 3 hours away, in Houston, so when they are anywhere near Austin, I am always thrilled to be able to spend some quality time with them! 

This weekend, my parents decided to go camping at Inks Lake, only 45 minutes or so away from my house. So, we loaded up Holly, packed a lunch and headed out for a day in the wilderness! Okay, maybe not the wilderness, but it certainly seems like we are out in the wild compared to what I am usually doing, locking myself into my art studio and painting!



Holly had a blast! Plus, I always love being having her spend time with my dad, as he is still wary of pit bull type dogs. Holly is a great little advocate for my dad, she is small and un-intimidating, plus she doesn't take no for an answer she she wants to give kisses! 

We went for a long hike, where Holly sniffed everything we passed. She had so much fun chasing leaves and really loved all of the great big sticks that she could find! 

This was Holly's first camping outing, but she loved it so much, it certainly won't be her last!

Stephanie Conrad
Pet Studio Art | Owner | Artist