Friday, February 22, 2013

American Pets Alive Conference


Over the last 3 years, we have had an annual No Kill Conference hosted by American Pets Alive right here in Austin. I was lucky enough to attend the very first Austin No Kill event and am thrilled to be able to attend each year. Not only does it give me a chance to network and meet many new friends that love animals just as much as I do, but it gives me the chance to brush up on everything No Kill. 

Sure, I have heard many of these individuals chat before, but the feeling after one of these conferences just kicks me into gear, which is a driving force in continuing our No Kill success in and around Austin. As many of you may know, I am the president of No Kill Wilco, an advocacy organization that works to promote homeless pets in Williamson County, TX - just North of Austin. 



At the end of last year, No Kill Wilco teamed up with Georgetown Animal Outreach, an amazing rescue organization and we are currently searching for a facility to team up and host adoptions in. As we move forward with our plans, I am thrilled to be attending this conference because I already know that it will be a driving force in moving No Kill Wilco forward. 

For those of you that can't attend the conference in Austin but would like to learn more about what No Kill truly is, I will be posting all about my experience at the conference next week. 

In the meantime here are some great links to start exploring on your own:



It takes just one person to make a change! You can be a voice for ending animal killing in your local shelter!


Stephanie Conrad
Pet Studio Art | Owner | Artist


Follow Pet Studio Art on Facebook!